Saturday, October 17, 2009

indian spiced chai addiction

dear missy,

i must have told you the story of the fun night of margaritas and my nickname for awhile being Tequila. but ever since that downright mystical liquids cleanse i did in the spring, the hard stuff tastes like poison. and though i'd like to be Siva and swallow it, just watch my throat turn blue, i'm not yet. but it is a family tradition- my adorable little grandma with bright blue sparkling eyes, likes to say, 'i like my coffee black and my tequila straight!' many a yogi has enjoyed exploring states of consciousness. remember that book you left when you cruised through indiana, "Aghora?" the author spent a good amount of time experimenting with the truths of these things. he even knows mantras to undo the negative effects of certain substances, but he doesn't share them in the book. you've got to go to the cremation grounds to find that out. Note another siva reference.

Mom had knee surgery this week, and since she's already been prescribed so many medical narcotics to manage the pain of fibromyalgia, not even the morphine could cut through the intensity of her pain, which went from her knee and up into the back. I joked to my grandma who was caring for her, 'how about getting a bottle of whiskey?' Grandma says, 'Alright, one for her and one for me. I love two-fers.' I had to make a 911 reiki call to my friend who is donning some fresh dreds to go up to the hospital and channel some reiki love. It was the only thing that would calm her down. Note Siva again.

So gypsy queen, if you've got a semi-temporary address for me, i'll send you back 'Aghora' and 'Ka,' which is like reading a dream. You see I'm now on a 9 to 5 schedule- that is to sleep at 9p and up at 5am, to read the texts, to pour my heart into practice, to suck the marrow out of the day, and to plant green lotuses every which way. I am addicted to indian spiced chai, prepared in the traditional way. Good fuel for opening those bliss points as i practice thai and spicy to keep me warm from the inside out as the temperatures drop and the red leaves fall.

keep the spirits rising and teaching and enjoying ultimate freedom, though i'm pretty sure the patriot act is not true yogic liberation. i do love america too.

love,

mandi

p.s. love the nataraja pic of us on the playa!!! first time i've seen that.
p.p.s. om namah sivaya

1 comment:

  1. Any chronic disease can be dangerous if not treated on time this indicates findrxonline in their articles, in many cases the drugs are of great help to counteract the chronic pain, but there are other supplements that science should be regarded as vegetables and vitamin supplements, many consider the medicines are of great help to counteract the pain, especially opioids narcotics such as Vicodin, Lortab, Hydrocodone, oxycontin, oxycodone, tramadol, and many others that exist in today's market, but I think we should also consider as an additional alternative to supplement the vitamins such as calcium, B complex, vitamin C, do you think it is a contribution to people with chronic disease?

    ReplyDelete